Terms and Conditions:
All payments of Financial Career Institute (“FCI”) invoices using the online credit card facilities are subject to the following conditions.
- FCI accepts the following cards:
- Mastercard Credit / Debit
- Visa Credit / Debit
- American Express
- FCI Registration Fee is:
- LLQP Prep Course: $299 CAD (GST Included) one-time fee
- Quebec Civil Code Prep Course: $79 CAD (GST Included) one-time fee
- Extension of LLQP Prep Course:
- HLLQP Prep Extension: $199 CAD (GST Included) one-time fee – Available only to students whose FCI registration have expired
- The extension may apply to those whose FCI registration expired and not cancelled, and if the student applies for extension within 2 months of the expiry date
- HLLQP Prep Monthly Extension Subscription: $29 CAD per month (GST Included) on a month-by-month basis - Available only to students who originally registered August 1, 2021 and onwards, whose FCI registration have expired
- The monthly extension may apply to those whose FCI registration expired and not cancelled.
- If the student does not immediately apply for extension within 1 month of the expiry date, FCI may charge the student’s card for the arrears where the extension should have been applied, calculated as:
Charge for arrears = Number of Months of arrears x $29/mo
- The Registrant to FCI must be the Payor cardholder and payor. If the Registrant is not the Payor cardholder, please contact email@example.com for alternative procedures.
- When you complete the online payment form, funds will be deducted from your credit card in Canadian dollars.
- Due to the way transactions are processed by our payment processor, there may be delays of 1-3 days in updating your payment in FCI’s records.
- Payments are credited to FCI.
- Credit card payments are secure:
- Payments will be processed directly by STRIPE using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Credit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet.
- FCI does not have access to your credit card details.
- On-line payment includes 3% processing fee.
- If successful, your credit card provider will confirm that the payment was completed.
- If unsuccessful, your credit card provider will advise you of same. FCI will not be informed why a payment has failed, therefore, you should contact your credit card provider for details.
- If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods available. Please arrange an alternative payment method promptly.
- In either scenario (i.e., success or failure) the result of your transaction will be relayed to you on-screen. As mentioned above, in the case of a failed transaction you will have to contact your credit card provider for details.
- All information you provide on the credit card payment facility forms will be handled in accordance with the FCI privacy statement. (See section C)
- FCI’s Terms and Conditions for online credit card payments are subject to change at any time. Each transaction shall be subject to the specific Terms and Conditions that were in place at the time of the transaction.
Please read this agreement carefully:
- About the agreement (the ‘Agreement’) or ‘registration form’. The Student is referred to as ‘you’ or ‘the student’; Financial Career Institute is referred to as ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘FCI’. This agreement is legally enforceable. Please read everything carefully.
- Our Commitment / Responsibility: By signing, completing, and submitting the registration form, we accept you in our classes (in-class and online) and you are entitled to receive FCI’s study materials.
- The study guides and materials are for personal use only. Our provision is to supply electronic copy only, printing of the materials other than for personal use is prohibited. Should your registration be voided, you are to delete and remove copies of materials.
- We reserve the right to cancel your registration without refund should you commit any form of misconduct, not limited to those listed below which may be grounds to void your rights to receive services:
- Unauthorized reproduction and distribution of materials and recordings of instruction.
- Unlawful acquisition and/or use of other students’ or prospects’ contact and privacy information
- Committing illegal/immoral acts.
- Solicitation of any other business other than that of relation to Greatway Financial Inc.
- Misuse of facilities and equipment in the offices.
- Causing a disturbance or nuisance.
- If you are enrolling in FCI for the purpose of becoming a life licensed advisor, please note that the Insurance Councils and Immigration Canada have certain Conflicts of Interest criteria that may prevent you from being granted a life insurance license. Please check your Provincial Insurance Council for guidelines for which occupations are considered a conflict, and thus prevent you from holding a life insurance license simultaneously. If you are a permit holder (Open, International Student or Student Work Permit), please confirm with your Immigration Lawyer that your permit qualifies you to hold a life insurance license. FCI does not guarantee your eligibility for license and contracting for sponsorship.
This course is useful for people who want to become more familiar with the world of finance, and be better equipped to make financial decisions, regardless of whether you decide to proceed to obtain your life insurance license.
- Limitation Period of Registration Validity:
- HLLQP Prep Registrations (registrations from August 1, 2021 onwards): Your Registration is valid for up to one year from the date of registration, or until cancelled, whichever comes first. Extension of this period may be granted only by management and its authorized personnel.
- HLLQP Prep Extension of HLLQP Prep Registration (for students who originally registered August 1, 2021 and onwards, whose FCI registration have expired): Your Registration is valid for up to one year from the date of registration, or until cancelled, whichever comes first. Extension of this period may be granted only by management and its authorized personnel.Your registration is renewed on a month-by-month basis from the date of registration, until cancelled or exam completion, whichever comes first.
- HLLQP Prep Monthly Extension Subscription (for students who originally registered August 1, 2021 and onwards, whose FCI registration have expired): Your registration is renewed on a month-by-month basis from the date of registration, until cancelled or exam completion, whichever comes first.
- HLLQP Prep Course Subscription (registrations from June 1, 2021 –July 31, 2021): Your Subscription is renewed on a month-by-month basis from the date of registration, until cancelled or exam completion, whichever comes first.
- Registrations February 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021: Your Registration is valid for up to one year from the date of registration, until cancelled or exam completion, whichever comes first. Extension of this period may be granted only by management and its authorized personnel.
- Registrations prior to February 1, 2021: Your Registration is valid for up to two years from the date of registration, until cancelled or exam completion, whichever comes first. Extension of this period may be granted only by management and its authorized personnel.
- Cancellation Policy of HLLQP Prep Course
- Refund of initial registration may be made within 10 calendar days of registration (Allow 48 hours to process refund), subject to a $9.95 cancellation fee, under the condition that the student has not:
- Accessed/Completed more than two lessons, or
- attended any instructor led training session (in-class or online)
- After 10 calendar days from the date of initial registration, charges become Non-Refundable
- For registrations from 1 June 2021 to 31 July 2021: The student may request cancellation of subscription anytime. Monthly charges will cease effective the date of cancellation request.
- Exam Completion: If you complete the necessary provincial exams for the course, FCI may restrict your access to the course and deactivate your FCI PAL account.
- Changes to AGA rules and conditions are set by Greatway Financial Inc. These may change from time to time.
- Payment Obligations Absolute: You are obligated to pay the fees outlined in this agreement. We will not reduce, discount, or cancel your obligation because you do not use the materials or instruction provided.
- Communication: From time to time, FCI and its instructors may contact you directly by phone, text or email with the contact information provided, obtaining feedback on your progress, and updating on the current system. You may withdraw your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling FCI at 403-453-2089.
- Non-Transferability of Registration: This agreement / registration is personal to you. You may not assign or transfer this registration to anyone else. Any attempt to sell, assign, or transfer this agreement without authorization is null and void and will result in cancellation of your registration immediately without refund.
- Assignment by Financial Career Institute: We may assign this agreement to another company or person at our discretion, and the term ‘Financial Career Institute’ includes any assignee, who will have all our rights and powers under this agreement. If any claims are brought against us in this agreement after we have assigned it, we reserve the right to raise any defenses available to us under this Agreement.
- Governing Law: This agreement is governed by the laws of the province in which it is signed and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
C. PRIVACY STATEMENT
We will collect your personal information (which includes your name, birthday, home address, email address, phone number, employment status, residency status, IRP status, and credit status) from you for the sole purpose of determining your registration eligibility and sending you instructions.
Except as set out in this policy or as required or permitted by law, FCI will not sell or disclose any of your personal information to any other organization or transmit personal information to third parties without first obtaining your consent. FCI may, however, disclose information in the following cases:
- to our lawyer
- to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order
- to a police force, if required by law to a person authorized by a law or collective agreement
- to an investigative body or government institution which can oblige us to do so
- in emergency situations in which we believe that the life, health or safety of a member or other person may be in danger
D. THIRD PARTY PROCESSING
FCI payments are processed through Amazon Web Services, Inc. It is located in the United States, and their affiliated companies are located throughout the world. Depending on the scope of your interactions with AWS Offerings, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever they transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, they will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
E. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
If any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall be declared invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired and shall remain in force accordingly.